Leonard Ng is the founder of Messrs. Yew Huoi & Associates. Graduated from one of the most prestigious university in Malaysia, he began his legal career in 2008 in Shook Lin & Bok specializing in the area of insurance, shipping and maritime litigation. He later joined as an associate at Joseph Tan Jude Benny’s Malaysian branch handling International Maritime Arbitration matters. Leonard Ng has gained its commercial experience working as in-house legal counsel in various large shipping companies in Singapore and Indonesia before returning home to set up in 2012.
- Specializes in international trade, maritime and civil aviation litigation and arbitration.
- Currently appears as Counsel for several conveyancing firms on real estate litigation in particular:
- Securing specific performance of sale and purchase agreement;
- Extension of the duration of caveat; and
- Recently won the landmark decision requiring developer (a public listed company) who failed to effect transfer of condominium parcels to purchasers to pay contribution of management funds.
- Extensive experience in Shipping/Maritime matters including but not limited to:-
- ship arrest, cargo damage;
- non-payment of freight;
- time limitation;
- negligence, death and personal injury;
- seaworthiness of the vessel,
- disputes relating to bill of lading,
- airway bill, charter party; and
- general average etc.
- Extensive experience in dealing with local and international clients including shipowners, managers, agents, charterers, Protection and Indemnity (P&I) Clubs, insurers, freight forwarders, banks, shipyards etc.
- Had defended various shipowners on collision claim.
- Also practices a wide spectrum of contentious litigation relating to construction, real estate, corporate and commercial litigation: